Mr. Schwarzman will share reflections and insights on the past, as well as his expectations and outlook for 2020: facing an unprecedented pandemic and economic hardship, what it takes for the world to tackle the global challenges, what China and US share in common interests, and how Chinese investors and entrepreneurs should prepare for the changes in the business world yet to come.
Time：July 21 (Tuesday), 20:00-21:00, Beijing Time/8:00-9:00, EST/13:00-14:00, CET
- Welcome remark by host (3’)
- Dialogue with Stephen A. Schwarzman (30’)
· Stephen A. Schwarzman, Chairman, CEO & Co-Founder of Blackstone, Author of What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
· Huang Shan, Deputy Managing Editor, Caixin Media
- Discussion and Q&A (30’)
The Commentators will share their insights, comments on the dialogue, and ask questions to Mr. Schwarzman. He will give responses.
· Shi Bo, Deputy General Manager, Chief Investment Officer (Equity), Southern Asset Management
· Min Wanli, Founder and CEO, QuadTalent Technology
· Li Xin, Vice President, Caixin Media; Managing Director, Caixin Global
- Closing remark by host (2’)
Topics may include:
- How to leverage the power of different stakeholders (governments, businesses, and social groups) to alleviate health, educational, economic and social losses?
- What has the pandemic taught us? What trends have been accelerated and what have been reversed?
- How do we rethink international relations and rebuild trust among major economies? How to find common grounds for dialogue?
- What should be done to the global trade and financial systems, to promote equal opportunities for all?
- How will technology disrupt the business world and the society? What are the essential skill sets for the younger generation?